Thursday, May 12, 2011

Chunky Black Bean and Tomato Dip

Carla at The Year of the Vegan has starting testing for a new book. Today I made the Chunky Black Bean and Tomato Dip (though I used it as a spread). I almost never put fresh tomatoes in anything else but salads. So having them in this dip was an enjoyable change. The texture was good and I think I might try this in a wrap.

I tried our local stores but couldn't find any hot sauce any and it was needed for the recipe. So I looked up some recipes and made a 1/4 tsp version of my own. Some finely chopped chili from the freezer, a dash of salt and sugar and then some vinegar and water. I didn't notice it in the dip but I've never tried it so I don't know what it adds to the recipe. But maybe I'll put more chili next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment