Thursday, January 6, 2011

Starting Off the Year


Last year my son's grandmother gave me 18 balls of some old goldy coloured wool she had and I've set a goal this of trying to knit two rows a day on this Cable and Lace Baby Blanket (Ravelry link) with it. I want to work on something else too but I haven't picked anything. Maybe some sewing? My son hasn't decided what symbols he wants on the extra cross stitch pieces. He feels that the love and happiness signs that came in the same magazine are too common.

My son and his girlfriend went back home today because he has an exam tomorrow. His girlfriend's mother decided to drive them back and so one of the grandmothers and I went along too. It's so quiet here knowing that he won't be coming in the door for a while. We went out for pizza before we left them and I was surprised that I was the only one who couldn't finish theirs. But it's waiting in the fridge for breakfast. Nothing like cold pizzeria pizza for breakfast and I haven't had some for years.

We were told that the water would be off on Tuesday, which meant that the radiators would be cold too. Fortunately for some reason we still got cold water but no heat. As it was around -14°C outside I was expecting the apartment to cool down fast but I was wrong and we didn't have to wear outdoor clothes inside! It was nice being able to wash our hands without fiddling with water containers. In the evening we let the air out of the radiator and got some heat.

Today's question: Do you keep a list of what projects you want to do?

1 comment:

  1. no I don't but I probably should. Can't wait to see the finished blanket.

    Gill in Canada

    ReplyDelete