Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Candy Roll


When my son was younger I would get him a chocolate advent calendar but as he grew the amount of chocolate for each day seemed so small. So I crocheted a candy holder and put a candy or chocolate in each pocket. Then he grew older still and for a few years I bought enough licorice and small chocolate bars to hang on a bulletin board. The first year I wrapped them in newspaper photos that I had saved up but then we decided that it wasn't necessary to wrap them so I just thumb-tacked them onto the board.


He has moved out but I still asked him this year if he wanted me to put something together for him and he did. I had to get it ready in time for him to take it back with him last weekend because we don't know if he'll be home again before December. I thought of a crayon roll and decided to only make 20 pockets so that wider things could fit in if he wants to use it for something else too. Some of the pockets have more than one treat in them. It isn't too easy anymore finding 25 different small things. I wonder if he will save them until December!

I'm linking this to

2 comments:

  1. well I like that kind of advent calendar, as I agree the regular calendars chocolate is just so small!!

    Actually if you don't mind I am going to put a link back to your blog on my Wednesday's post as I think that is such a good idea.

    Gill in Canada

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a good idea!! Now, if only I had the patience to sew.... Wanted to pop by and say thanks for entering my OWOH giveaway. Hope you are lucky!! Cindy #487

    ReplyDelete